Good Morning! I hope that everyone is having a fantastic weekend!
So far the weekend has been as good as it gets. Lots of relaxing with extra time in the kitchen! I have been playing around with fresh farmers market produce and new gadgets. After spending a ridiculous amount of time browsing the home goods store (and scoring a SWEET shark costume for Cooper…) I came across a donut pan. I know that donut pans were hot last year, but I never seemed to catch onto the trend. This seemed to be fate though- I mean really, it was less than $10. A good investment I think! At first I considered calling these CHOnuts, but my brother kept laughing at me. They are a great kickoff to the beginning of September.
Baked Apple Cider Donuts with Cider Glaze
recipe made 12 medium sized donuts. sizes may range based on pan size.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup Chobani apple cinnamon nonfat greek yogurt
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In one bowl, mix all dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Add dry into wet with a mixer or by hand- do NOT over mix.
- Spoon batter into oil sprayed donut pan until they are about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12 minutes and cool on a wire rack (you can flip the hot donuts out of the pan by pressing the rack onto the pan and flipping)
Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons HOT apple cider (microwave for about 1.5 minutes)
- Mix until thoroughly combined
- Drizzle over donuts as you wish (and then lick it off of your fingers)
NOTE: If you place a sheet pan under wire racks when drizzling glaze, it makes cleanup a breeze!