Okay people- the semester is OVER! That means that I should be back in the swing of things here as the resident foodie 🙂
Not long ago, Monica made Bikini Tortellini and posted about it on her fabulous blog, Run Eat Repeat. I have kept this little nugget of a recipe in the back on my noggin and was waiting for the perfect opportunity to break it out. Well, I didn’t wait long! I made it tonight with a few slight changes. It was so light and tasty! I made a bulk batch so I can take the leftovers to work for lunch! It is a great way to sneak in lots of veggies 😉
- Tortellini (whichever kind you prefer)
- Veggies ( I used tomatoes, red peppers, yellow peppers & green peppers, fresh asparagus, onions, frozen peas and broccoli)
- Olive Oil
- Lays Dip Creations Ranch Mix
How to do it:
- Begin by chopping up your onions, peppers and asparagus.
- Cook Tortellini
- Roast or sauté veggies with about half a package of the dip mix
- Combine veggies & tortellini (I added the tomatoes last)
- Sprinkle with parmesan (or feta…) cheese if desired (and hot sauce… or balsamic, whatever you are craving!)
- Enjoy either warm or cool like any other summer pasta salad
****I was sent a lays dip creations via foodbuzz’s taste maker program. I can’t wait to try the other flavors!
In other news, I cut off 10 inches of my hair!
To celebrate the end of each semester of school, I get my hair cut. This time around I had a LOT of hair to spare, so I decided- why not share? (oh my, a RHYME! 😎 ) So I will be sending my hair away to locks of love. I am basically a hair making machine, so this is my third time doing it. I always feel a little sad after cutting off over 10 inches of hair, but it is so worth it. Knowing that my hair is helping someone that deserves it makes me happy. And I think it looks mighty cute for the summer!
It feels good to be back! Thank you guys for sticking around, I disappear far to often!