If you are a friend of mine, you probably have some idea that I put Franks Red Hot on pretty much anything and everything.I have been dreaming about making roasted butternut squash all weekend, so finally put my two favorite things together! This recipe was super simple and a great way to prep food for the week.
- 2 medium sized butternut squash OR two packages of squash precut (this is such a timesaver)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup franks red hot
- crushed red pepper for extra kick (if you want)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut up squash so they are all about the same size (smaller pieces cook faster)
- Whisk together olive oil and hot sauce and drizzle over squash in a large bowl
- Combine evenly
- Spread out on two baking pans
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste
- Bake for about 15 minutes and then check to see if a fork goes through the squash – if it doesn’t, keep baking for 5-10 more minutes. This all depends on how your oven works and how big your pieces of squash are.
Now I have lots of yummy squash for my work lunches this week! I love to eat squash with brown rice and a dippy egg, or even on a salad. Filling, low calorie and rich in fiber!