As the summer is winding down I have found that there is an overabundance of zucchini at the farmers
market! I have had different types of zucchini cakes before but really wanted to play around with the
recipe myself. First I found a simple recipe and tried to think of other things that would make the cakes really
Recipe: Zucchini Cakes with Kick
How to do it:
- The cakes stay together better if you fry them in smaller amounts, so try to get them to be “slider” size.
- Be careful around hot oil! I should have worn a long-sleeved t-shirt when I was doing this!
- Let the cakes cool on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
Spicy Greek Yogurt Sauce
- 1 6 oz container of plain greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper