Lets talk muffins. I really love a good muffin recipe. Muffins are fun, filling and downright tasty if you get it right. Here is my most recent attempt at becoming a muffin master. This recipe adapted from a fun recipe I found on the Musselman’s website. I love using applesauce and yogurt when baking, it is a great reason to make healthy replacement in your diet! Making healthy swaps is an easy way to lead a healthy life and enjoying things in moderation.
Musselman’s has a great campaign right now about replacing your snacks with applesauce in an effort to make healthier choices. Maybe your feeling snackish after work and grab an applesauce instead of a granola bar. Maybe you go for a walk on the treadmill while watching your favorite show instead of laying on the couch. Making a simple swap can make all the difference! As soon as I heard about this opportunity, I had a feeling I would be putting my applesauce to good use by baking. Baking with applesauce is one of my favorite ways to keep things healthy! To help promote this campaign, Musselman’s sent me three packs of applesauce (natural, original, and cinnamon) as well as a stability ball.
Chai Spiced Applesauce Muffins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon chai spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups MUSSELMAN’S Natural Apple Sauce
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
How to do it:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with bake cups and set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter on high for about 30 to 60 seconds; set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, chai spice, and salt into a large mixing bowl. In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar. Stir in the applesauce and melted butter until the mixture is smooth. Pour the apple mixture over the flour mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined and you can’t see any traces of flour. Add about 3/4 of the cinnamon chips.
- Fill the bake cups about two-thirds full with batter, sprinkle additional cinnamon chips on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown.
GIVEAWAY!! (THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED)
Musselman’s has offered to send a package just like I received (3 6-packs of applesauce and a stability ball) for one of my readers!
Entry (1) : Tell me how you make a healthy swap (mandatory)
Entry (2) : Follow @thewannabefoodi on twitter
(please make sure to add a separate entry for each)
This giveaway will close at 12am on Saturday, March 9th.