If you guessed Zucchini….you are correct!!
Chocolate Chunk Muffins with a SecretAdapted from this recipe.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks (or chips) plus more sprinkled on top just before baking
How to do it:
- Mix dry ingredients (Flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt) together in a bowl and set aside
- Add wet ingredients (Egg, milk, lemon juice, vanilla, vegetable oil) together in a stand mixer or electric mixer.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet until combined
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chunks
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.