Happy snow day all! As of right now, 49 states have snow on the ground. NY is obviously one of them. We have gotten about 6inches of snow so far today, and the heaviest is yet to come! Anyway, here is a super colorful and nutrient packed lunch (or dinner…or snack) for ya. Chris needed a late night fix last night, and the wok was to the rescue!
- Protein: such as chicken or tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- Veggies: Such as peppers, onion and broccoli
- For Sauce:
- 1/4 chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
How to do it:
- In bowl, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, sherry and cornstarch. Add chicken to mixture and let sit.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic (30 seconds). Add chicken and stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables and stir-fry 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce mixture; stirring constantly, bring to boil and boil 1 minute.