Before and after the race on Sunday I was craving pancakes. I don’t have them often, but when a craving hits..I usually cave.
Today I decided to do something a little different and played around with a peanut flour pancake recipe that I have had bookmarked for what feels like forever. I wouldn’t even had peanut flour in my possession if I hadn’t won a giveaway over a year ago.
Peanut Flour Pancakes(makes enough for two, recipe adapted from Dining and Dishing)
- 2/3 cup of peanut flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- tbsp. of wheat germ
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup of 1% milk
- Dash of cinnamon or chai spice
How to do it:
- Spray or grease a non stick pan
- Ladle batter onto surface
- Flip when pancakes start to make delicious bubbles around the edges
- Plate them and cover with peanut butter, jelly and a drizzle of real maple syrup