Long long ago I made a Pinterest account and one of the very first treats that I pinned was this recipe. I have always loved the idea of combining sweet and salty, so when I found these I knew they would be amazing! After being busy for so long, It felt great to finally make a batch of these! I actually made a double batch after realizing that I had put twice the amount of baking soda that a single batch called for in my batter. Oh well- having tons of these cookies won’t last very long! The process was easy enough- your basic cookie dough with the addition of pretzels & peanut butter chips!
These would be great for a cookie swap or holiday party! Enjoy!
Chocolate Chips Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips & Pretzel Bites
Recipe via Sugar Cooking
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of tightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup broken up pretzel pieces
How to do it:
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy. On low speed, slowly add the beaten egg and vanilla extract. Beat to combine, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and preztels. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop out well rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough and roll into balls. Leave about 2 inches between each ball. Bake for 10 minutes. If you prefer crispier cookies increase the baking time by 1-2 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing.